Professor Dr. Md. Atahar Ali
MBBS, FCPS (Medicine), MD (Cardiology), FACC, FRCP, FHRS, FAPSC is currently Professor of Cardiology & Head of Arrhythmia Services Department, National Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases (NICVD), Dhaka. Since 2004, he is working in Arrhythmia Services department and successfully done 80 no of CRT(Cardiac Re-synchronization Therapy), 100 no of EP(Electrophysiology Procedure), 3500 of RFA(Radiofrequency Ablation) procedure.
- Fellowship in Electrophysiology & Cardiac Pacing, Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi, India
- Fellowship in Cardiac Electrophysiology, AIMS, Kochi, Kerala, India.
- Experts in CRT, Part 1: Principles in Practice, Switzerland
- Course on scientific writing by BMRC, 02.12.97 to 04.12.97 Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Cardiology Today and Tomorrow, Series VI, 22.09.20111 to 24.11.01 New Delhi, India.
- South Asia Electrophysiology Training Program, 15.10.04 to 17.10.04 Madras,India.
- Fellowship in Cardiac Electrophysiology, 26.05.0.5 to 25.06.05 AIMS, Kochi,Kerala, India.
- Member of Heart Rhythm Society
- Member of Indian Heart Rhythm Society
- Secretary General, Bangladesh Heart Rhythm Society
- Life Member, Bangladesh Cardiac Society
Dr. Md. Atahar Ali participated in the following national and international conferences:
- Fourth International Conference on Cardiovascular Disease, organised by Bangladesh Cardiac Society, Dhaka, from 26th to 28th November 1996.
- Course on Scientific Writing for Post-graduate Medical Students, Conducted by Bangladesh Medical Research Council, Dhaka, from to 2nd to 4th 2-4 December 1997.
- 2nd Workshop on Asthma and COPD, Dhaka, from 5th to 7th November 1997.
- First International Conference on Cardiovascular Diseases, organized by the National Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare of the Government of Bangladesh, Dhaka, on 11 June 1997.
- First International Conference on Cardiovascular Diseases, Dhaka, Bangladesh on 11 June, 1997
- 3rd Workshop on Asthma and Chest Diseases, Dhaka, from 4th to 6th November 1998.
- 1st International Conference on Asthma & Chest Diseases, organized by The Chest and Heart Association of Bangladesh, Dhaka, from 2nd to 4th November 1999.
- .First SAARC Congress of Cardiology, Dhaka, from 6th to 7th February 2000.
- Modern Management of Hypertension & Hypercholesterolaemia, Faridpur, 20 May, 2002
- International Conference on Cardiovascular Diseases, Dhaka, December 2003.
- Bangladesh Society of Echocardiography, National Conference, 10 December, 2004.
- 1st National Conference on Echocardiography 2004 organized by Bangladesh Society of Echocardiography, Dhaka, on 10 December 2004.
- National Conference on Cardiovascular Diseases organized by National heart Foundation & Research Institute, December 1-2, 2007, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Joint Conference 2008 jointly organised by Bangladesh College of Physicians & Surgeons and College of Physicians & Surgeons Pakistan, October 20 to 23, 2008, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Proficiency Course of Cardiology Today and Tomorrow Series VI on Cardiology Update as Delegate member, organised by EHIRC, Okhala Road, New Delhi, India, from 22nd September to 24th November 2001.
- 8th World Congress of Echocardiography and Vascular Ultrasound, Antalya, Turkey from 6th to 9th May 2004.
- South Asia Electrophysiology Training Programme, Chennai, India, on 15th to l7th October, 2004.
- World Congress of Cardiology 2006, Barcelona, Spain, 2-6 September, 2006 e.
- 16th World Congress in Cardiac Electrophysiology and Cardiac techniques, Nice, French, June 18-21, 2008.
- Cardio Rhythm 2007, Hong Kong, 2-4 February, 2007
|SI||Designation||Status||Institute/ Place of posting||Joining date||Release date|
|01||Asst. Surgeon||IST||Rajshahi Medical College Hospital, Rajshahi||15-12-1984||14-12-1985|
|02||Medical Officer||USC, Dangapara, Singra, Natore||19-10-1986||20-07-1987|
|03||Medical Officer||THO, Atrai, Noagaon||21-07-1987||09-05-1989|
|Rangpur Medical Colleage Hospital||10-05-1989||07-07-1990|
|05||Registrar (Cardiology)||Rangpur Medical Colleage Hospital||08-07-1990||16-08-1992|
|07||Registrar (Medicine)||200 Beded Hospital, Narayangonj||11-03-1995||15-05-1996|
|10||Registrar (Cardiology)||NICVD, Dhaka||22-04-1999||29-09-1999|
|Rajshahi Medical College||03-10-1999||03-07-2000|
|16||Associate Professor (Cardiology)||NICVD, Dhaka||15-05-2004||31-10-2005|
|17||Associate Professor (Cardiology)||NICVD, Dhaka||31-10-2005|
Some Specific Service Information:
First joining date at government service : 15-12-1984
Joining as a Medical Officer (Add-hoc) : 19-10-1986
Regulation of the service : Done in 1989
Position of gradation list : 4735
Present position : Associate Professor (C.C) Cardiology, NICVD, Dhaka